Sunday, January 07, 2007

Strength Coach Moffit to Saban.."NO"


LSU Strength Coach Tommy Moffit, who Saban didn't ask to go to Miami but now Saban calls... told Nick Satan... NO.

from an article in the advocate a few quotes.... interesting one's too.

“I didn’t want to make the same mistake coach Saban did. He told me he would watch us play every Saturday night (while with the Dolphins) and it killed him.”“I have walked away from a lot of money to stay here,” Moffitt said.

Moffitt has been promised a long-term contract by LSU, he said, after having worked on a year-to-year basis there so far. He said he plans to talk with LSU assistant athletic director Verge Ausberry on Monday, but “I haven’t signed anything yet.

“That’s when we’ll probably make it official,” Moffitt said.

Moffitt said he has been deluged by e-mails and messages from LSU fans asking him to stay.
“It’s amazing,” he said. “I’m in shock at the number of e-mails that keep coming. I can’t believe it.”

thanks to TigerToon dude for the 'toon.

No comments: