Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The drama continues.... this is ridiculous....

Published: Dec 11, 2007 - UPDATED: 5 p.m.
LSU coach Les Miles denied once again Tuesday he is interested in filling Michigan's head coaching vacancy.
Miles, who is spending this week recruiting for LSU, released a statement Tuesday in response to a report in the Detroit Free Press that the Tigers' coach had spoken with Michigan athletic director Bill Martin and school president Mary Sue Coleman late last week.
"I had a conversation with Michigan last week that covered a wide range of topics. I was doing nothing more than helping them with their search for a football coach, just as any loyal alumnus might do. It was nothing more than that," Miles said.
"I'm not a candidate for that job and I will not be a candidate for the job," Miles said. "I was only assisting them in their search for a coach. I have a great job at a wonderful place, a place that my family calls home. It's time that Michigan goes on with their search for a football coach. I'll say it again, I'm going to be the coach at LSU next season."

No comments: